Where to stay
There are two hostels in Bjørke and both are at the very centre of the village (near the fjord) and a short walking distance from the evening concerts and other activities. One of the hostels provides camping options as well (for tents and caravans). There is also a family-friendly camping option (tents only) at the old farm Bakketunet. Those who do not have their own car should definitely try to stay in one of these hostels or at the farm. For those of you who have got cars and could live 15 mins drive away we will also list some other alternatives (hotel, self-service apartments, camping, cabins).
Bjørke rom og camping
Prices per night:
Tent-space – 150 NOK per person (please list the number of people staying in the tent when booking)
Dorm – 250 NOK per person
Single room – 400 NOK in total
Double room – 550 NOK in total
Triple room – 650 NOK in total
Bed linen – 100 NOK extra
Caravans and camper vans welcome too, please email for prices.
Hjørundfjord Hostel Bjørke
Please note, there is a special Indiefjord deal if you book 3 nights, Friday-Monday. It’s recommended to arrive on the Friday so you can join the welcome party on the Friday!
Check in 15.00-20.00 (flexible during Indiefjord, please contact them if you arrive later)
Check out 11.00 (flexible, please contact them if this doesn’t suit you)
Bakketunet – family camp
Tent spaces – 150 NOK per person per night (includes entrance to Bakketunet, gallery and concert).
You’ll be able to use the facilities, such as a stunning outdoor area, tea house, kitchen, toilet and shower.
No alcohol to be consumed on this site as it’s a family friendly camping option and part of a private farm/gallery.
Booking: Call Marita Bett on +47 91 10 88 46 or send a Facebook message to Bakketunet på Bjørke‘s page.
Other campsites/hotels 15-20 mins drive away (short distance in Norway – but you should have a car to stay in these sites):
- Best Western Raftevolds Hotel (Hotel in Grodås)
- Kalvatn Turistsenter (Kalvatn: Cabins, camping)
- Josygard (Kalvatn, Bed & Breakfast)
- Huset Vårt (Hornindal: Self-service apartments and rooms)
- Aurstad Camping (Austefjord)
- Grodås Camping (Grodås)
Other campsites/hotels further down the Hjørundfjord (for those traveling by boat – also reachable by car, but would take you longer):
- Christian Gaard (Trandal: Room, house, cabin, camping)
- Trandal Fjordhytter (Trandal: Cabins)
- Hjørundfjord Camping (Sæbø: Camping, cabins)
- Sagafjord Hotel (Sæbø: Hotel + separate lodges)
- Hotel Union Øye (Øye: Hotel)
- Urke Camping (Urke: Camping, cabins)
There may be more places to stay along the Hjørundfjord, feel free to get in touch with us to share info about this.
A fantastic opportunity if you have got a car and you are willing to travel a bit further:
- Villa Norangdal (Norangsdalen: Hotel – you would need to drive via Sæbø or Hornindal – or to drive to Øye/Urke and go by boat)
You could also stay in Volda or Ørsta (30 mins and 40-45 mins drive away).